Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's a Blogging World


Good morning! Well - it is about time that I join the latest century and stop fighting technology. It's a blogging world and it is time for Scott Helsel to join the ranks.

Today I finally decided I'd start a blog. I guess a part of my personality has kept me from getting started because I'm afraid I won't do it perfectly, stay up-to-date or even make sense. But - I guess the point of blogging is to be none of these things!

My hope is to begin a dialogue with the people of Oasis Life Church, family and friends. Hopefully we'll all be able to be a growing part of our incredible journey here in Maricopa AZ! Caryl and I have now been living in Maricopa, AZ for over 2 and 1/2 years. Oasis is now a reality and the doors have been open for 10 months (plus 13 months in our home!) as of this week. A five year dream has become reality!

Thanks for taking the time to read this today! I look forward to hearing your stories, your comments, your dreams and your challenges! Let's do life!

With love - Pastor Scott

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you, Scott! I will enjoy checking in on you regularly.
- Brandon

Anonymous said...

Great word brother. I am excited to hear all the good things going on at Oasis Life. Love you!
Bryan

FAITH said...

Pastor Scott and Caryl are an amazing team. Thank you for all your support, prayers, and helping me to keep the FAITH.
Denise and Mateo

Anonymous said...

I hear you, I guess I've been in the same rut, with techno and all. Great news though, I heard somewhere or maybe it was "just my imagination" that the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. You know what that tells me? It didn't happen already and it's gone, or it's going to happen, it's happening now. WOW that's great. Good job, if I'm the first well what a privlidge. See tomarrow morning.

Unknown said...

Albert - it just takes longer for some of us to catch on! I guess we are just letting those ahead of us work our the bugs! I'm just excited to be using technology for good!
Looking forward to tomorrow as well. These Bullpen events are really getting good and I look forward to seeing how this grows in the future!
Blessings - Scott

Sean said...

Just wanted to drop a comment to let you know that, yes, I too, have read the blog. I know great things will come out of it. B Blessed

Anonymous said...

You have said, "Let do life." It's a nice phrase. I think it means, "I want to be involved in your life. I want to help you. I want to know you. I want to share your sorrows and joys. . .etc." I could be wrong. Please explain what you mean.

The other thing I want to say is that I go to Oasis. I really appreciate the church. It is well organized, especially for a small church. It has so many cool things like the Oasis groups. The way you handle getting people involved is impressive too. I like how you seek involvement more than perfection. If I had to wait till I felt worthy, I would never get involved.

Unknown said...

"Let's do life!" - Yes you are correct in everything that you say in your definition. I'd only add that as we do all of these things we share the journey. We as the staff of Oasis desire to know you and in turn that you will know us and share life. Not everything is a simple answer. There will be highs and lows. There will be some things that are messy. To all of us it should signify that we are in it for the long haul....that short term challenges or set backs should not deter us from going the distance.

I'm glad that our heartbeat about involvment shows. Following Christ is not about getting it all together before you plug in and get involved. Just as we "learn on the job" - in Christianity we "learn on the walk". That is why it is not about becoming a member or proving your worth - rather being willing to participate. I hope that helps!

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman