Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oasis - Sunday Night Reflections

I first have to say that this Sunday night reflection in the style of another blog that I've come to follow. www.PerryNoble.com

I really like his simple bullets - so here is what I'm reflecting on this Sunday night!

  • I love the people that God is calling to Oasis! How diverse, how beautiful, how creative and how you are learning unity in Christ!
  • I loved today's new series "At the 'Kids' Movies". It was kind of a risk but turned out to be an awesome day as Caryl taught about Wilbur & Charlotte from "Charlotte's Web". All of us can be extraordinary.
  • I'm thinking about my "One Thing" that I need to focus on for the next 30 days to be come Extraordinary. How about you?
  • I'm wondering if Robert Vigil will actually request battle pay to clean up the popcorn during this series?
  • I'm reflecting on what a great thing it was to do corporate communion today. It's been several months since we did this. I'm always blown away by how many people need to know that the blood of Jesus can reach any hidden area of our lives. Have you applied the blood to the closest with skeletons?
  • I'm still amazed at our attendance today. Is this summer?
  • I'm always pumped when we get to share the Vision of Oasis Life Church and having nearly 50 adults (and 20+ kids in the back) was awesome today. Anyone want to be a partner?
  • I'm grateful that my in-laws are here to live with us in AZ and that they came to Oasis today! Besides - mom made mandarin orange cake for the Vision Lunch!
  • I'm on my face thanking God that he is allowing me to be a part of what he is doing in the city of Maricopa! I know there are greater things to be done in this city.
  • I could go on but .....
  • I'm reflecting that by nearly 10 PM on a Sunday - it is time for some rest!

With love - let's pursue Him with all that is within us. It is worth it!

Blessings - Pastor Scott

No comments:

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman