Thursday, September 11, 2008

Families in Crisis



Tonight as I sit down to catch up on blogging - I'm reminded of why I'm a church planter. I love to know makes people tick. I love to see lives turned around. I love to see people who were skeptical about God realize that He is real. I know Jesus is the answer and I love when through relationship, teaching, life and the power of the Holy Spirit - people get it.

Still - why are families disintegrating? Why does divorce affect even 1 in 2 families in the church? Can we reverse what has been set in motion now for so many years? Is there hope to turn things around? Can we find healing even if our family has already been torn apart?


This Sunday we begin a new series, "Facing the Family Challenge". This hard hitting series looks at the roots of divorce, the effects of divorce on children, spouses and even those who are not in the immediate family.


What would it cost to stay in a relationship and find help? If this is not possible, how can we find healing and minimize the damage?


If you've not faced divorce, then you've probably had some other challenge in your family. We all have them, we all face them. I hope you'll join us for this series and learn how we can face the family challenge.

No comments:

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman