Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oasis Sunday Night Reflections

It's hard to believe that another week has flown by. Here are a few things I'm reflecting on tonight:

  • I'm so blessed to be church planter and pastor along with my wife Caryl. She is incredible and today she kicked off our new series " Facing the Family Challenge". She hit it out of the park and the reponse was awesome.
  • I love the days that we offer "response time" with the stations. It is awesome to see 100's of people up in a service and responding.
  • I love to administer communion one-to-one or to families in our response time - it is so personal and I love to express that "there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ!"
  • Thank you Greg Surratt for the inspiration to set up the response time and response stations!
  • This past week had me in a fog and not terribly productive. I'm praying for a completely new perspective and ability to be focused and make lots of progress this week.
  • 4-yr olds have a hard time telling you what is wrong when they are sick.
  • Praise God - Susan Hull, our children's pastor came successfully through her kidney stone surgery and we look forward to having her back in action next week as we divide KidSplash into 4 age groups next week.
  • Welcome Selina Wagner to the world - I was so blessed and excited to meet you. Daniel has become an awesome friend and it is great to have them as neighbors.
  • My birthplace - Galveston TX - took a beating this week from IKE and we pray for the recovery efforts there and the ongoing work in Baton Rouge - go HPC !
  • We continue to host Legacy Traditional School's middle school in our space during the week! Thank you to everyone who helps to transition our building on Friday & Sunday nights. This is a win-win for all involved.
  • My D-Backs can't seem to string together more than one win in a row!- I still have faith.
  • God has awesome things in store for us at Oasis! Let's give him the room to work in our lives and I pray you'll be in the house for the very important messages that are on tap for the next few weeks.
  • We love being the pastors of Oasis Life Church - you are awesome and we appreciate all that you do to make Oasis such a welcoming and friendly place!

No comments:

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman