Thursday, September 25, 2008

Random Thoughts - On a Friday

Well- Sunday I was tired and I said - I'll blog on Monday.
Well - now it's Friday and my mind-dump might just go on for a long time

Here we go!

  • Response time during this "Facing the Family Challenge" series has been incredible! Love serving communion and being able to interact wih individuals - "There is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ"

  • Did I speak over 40 minutes on Sunday and we still got out on time ?(well - on time for the 2nd service!)

  • Community Groups are on the grow - each week we've been adding a few more people -if you've not attended one - this coming week will be another great opportunity.

  • Wed was service night for community groups - thank you to the 20 people who came and sorted and packed up all the "stuff" that has been donated for benevolence at Oasis - you made a difference - we love your passion.

  • We've lived in AZ since 97 and this is the first time we've had scorpions - I do not like scorpions!

  • This past weekend we divided into more classes in KidSplash. We now have infants through 2 yrs/3-5 yr olds/ K-2 and 3rd-5th grade. Pastor Susan is committed to age appropriate teaching and this new breakdown will allow us to more effectively meet this objective. Way to go Susan!

  • I continue to be excited that families are "getting it". Our lives are not perfect but we are learning what the "green zone" looks like and with God's help we are striving to have healthy families that are being transformed by the Grace of God!

  • Does this $700 billion buyout just fry your brain or what? I guess I am just not smart enough to understand global economics. I'm praying that these politicians are getting good advice because it is going to be a big deal for our futures. God have mercy.....

  • I now have over 325 friends on Facebook - are you one?

  • Twittering is now a daily thing for me - afraid of what that might mean? Click http://twitter.com/oasislifeScott to find out!

  • I am psyched for this weekend as we have Pray For Maricopa at 8:30 on Saturday morning. God be pleased as we come together in unity to pray for our city, our state, our nation, our churches, our families, our schools and our futures.

  • Can't wait to talk about establishing a spiritual foundation in the family this week! This may be the most important week of the four in "Facing The Family Challenge"

  • I love Oasis! You are awesome and I love doing life together

I think that is it for today! Be Blessed- pastor Scott

No comments:

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman