Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Prayer - Call Us Back Everlasting Father!

Dear Father (In Heaven),
It is nearly mid-night and tomorrow morning will be "Christmas" services for churches all over America. As my twitter pastor friends are seeking you and praying for miracles tomorrow - I seek you as well. We feel avgreat weight and yet we know that you are the one who is drawing all men to yourself.

I pray that as we come into your presence tomorrow - we would have an encounter that would change us. For those who have already chosen to follow you, may they see you like never before. I pray they hear your voice. For those who have rejected you because of the image they have of their earthly father - give them a lens of you thru scripture - open their spiritual ears to hear you as you really are.

You are not angry with us.
You are satisfied with us and love us.
You care for us.
You have great plans for us - to prosper our lives.
You have a desire to give us hope.
You have an incredible future for us.
You believe in us and you're cheering us on.
You see us as righteous because of the relationship we have with your Son, Jesus.

Everlasting Father - I love you and thank you for the new revelation of who you are. Thank you that you are calling your children to return to you. Thank you that you are revealing yourself anew so that we can have a fresh start. Thank you for allowing us to break the bonds of the generations before us.

I've been changed because I've been in your presence. I'll never be the same. May the world never be the same because of what you've begun in me and so many others who are returning to the Father.

I love you and can't wait to get back on your lap again tomorrow.
Your son - Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am the 2000th visitor. Do I get a cookie besides what is left on my computer. Good message Sunday Scott. How easy it is to think of the Father as what our experience tells us and not what scripture says. What comes to mind is the adage, "You can tell your child something till your blue in the face, but until you show them, they will not get it."

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman