Saturday, January 31, 2009

Breaking the 21 Day Fast - It's Past Sundown!

Wow! Hard to believe that 21 days have past and in just the past hour, it was time to break the fast.

While I was excited to eat the spinach, ricotta stuffed shells that my mom made us all, there was an overwhelming sense that 21 awesome days had come to an end. Will I remember all the incredible lessons that have come during this fast?

I plan to write more about this in the days that come, however tonight here are just a few reflections:
  • We have control over what goes into our bodies. We are not powerless over our surroundings and the alluring marketing of food in our culture!
  • If I want my passion level to increase for God, giving up food or something else that I enjoy is a small price to pay.
  • The Lord of the Harvest is sending forth his workers into the harvest - thank you God! We continue to pray for the 30 families and individuals that are going to sign up to serve in one way or another.
  • Salvation in the house! May we never tire of seeing more people give their lives over to Him each week!
  • We must be ready to disciple and lead the way! Continue to raise up individuals who are willing to work with those who are new in their faith.
  • Fasting is a practice that I look forward to having in every month of my year in 2009!

Jesus, may I become less so that you can become more!

No comments:

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman