Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Night Reflections

Wow! Am I pumped up or what? God is awesome and I am in one of those weeks that I can hardly believe I get to be a part of this! So - here are a few random thoughts and reflections of this past week!

  • Fasting is soooo worth it! Should I not be willing to forgo the food I love so much to hear from God? Is not his Kingdom worth it? Is my family not worth it? Are unbelievers worth it? On all accounts - yes! Forgo food and be ready to receive!
  • Salvation is in house! Three weeks and 18 decisions for Christ at Oasis! It never gets old seeing people make the connection and then get reconnected to the Father! He is calling His children home.
  • We need workers! The harvest is plenty but few are those who are there to lead, to disciple to love, to influence to give!
  • I think our 10:30 svc today had the most kids we've ever had at one service - 61 in KidSplash today with 10 workers! Wow! What a ride!
  • Can you make the 8:30 service? We could definitely accommodate more people in the first service! If you are willing and able - this would allow us to have more room for visitors which are more likely to attend the 10:30 service.
  • Can I just say - that wall MUST come down!
  • Will you pray with me that Oasis will give consistently of their resources so that we can see that wall come down?
  • More people attending but still not meeting our budget per month! God I trust you and pray you will release your provision for your work here in Maricopa. Find us faithful to you!
  • Ok - "30-Days to Live" might be the most challenging series we've done yet! It has been messing me up every week and the response has been one we've not seen in some time - if ever!
  • We turn 2 years old as a church in just 2 weeks! Hardly seems possible but it is about to come to pass.
  • Can't wait for our dream team party on Feb 7th! Love to celebrate everyone who makes this all happen week in and week out!
  • Caryl & I cannot do this all ourselves - we love our staff and we love the Dream Team! Thank you for the way you give your lives away!
  • Caryl is traveling this week and then hopefully will be home with us for a month or so! Thank you God - we need the mama at home!
  • My parents arrive this Wed night and can't wait for Super Bowl next Sunday - Cardinals here and my parents for Steelers! Should be fun. Johnny says he's just rooting for the Super Bowl!
  • Yes - we are getting a new dog! A beautiful Mastiff puppy that most likely will also become a part of our family next Sunday! Time to hide the shoes!

There is so much more I could say but it is WAY past the time I should be in bed tonight! Johnny has school in the AM and that means dad has to get up early!

With love - Pastor Scott

No comments:

Great Books to Check Out

  • The Fine Line - Kary Oberbrunner
  • Fasting - Jentezen Franklin
  • The Shack
  • Under The Overpass by Mike Yankoski
  • Heaven Is In This House - Bobbie Houston
  • Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
  • UnChristian by David Kinnaman